Setup the Disqus comment system in WordPress
Disqus is a comment management system to help you build your audience and manage comments on your website. There are two major steps: setup an account with Disqus and then add the plugin in WordPress.
To setup your account with Disqus:
- Open your browser, and go to Disqus.com.
- Either log into an existing account or sign up for a new account.
- Once logged in, select how you plan to use the plugin.
- Choose I want to install Disqus to my site.
- Complete the registration form, and click Create Site.
- Choose WordPress as your platform.
- Return to your WordPress website.
To install the Disqus plugin:
- Log in to WordPress.
- From the Plugins page, search for and install Disqus.
- Activate the plugin.
- Go to Comments > Disqus.
- Sign in with your Disqus account.
- Once you have logged in, select the site you registered with your Disqus account.
- Click Next to complete the set up.
- Go back to your account at Disqus.com.
- Complete the Configure process on the Disqus website.
- For a website with existing comments, import old WordPress comments into Disqus.
- Return to Install a comment system in WordPress.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.