Remove addon domains
If you no longer wish to host an addon (or secondary) domain name on your hosting account, you can remove it. Removing an addon domain will allow you to add that domain to another hosting account, or use it as the primary domain on the current account.
- Log in to your GoDaddy account and open your product. (Need help opening your product?)
- From the More menu, click Hosted Domains.
- Select the domain(s) you want to remove, and then click Remove.
- Click OK to confirm removal.
Note: This process can take up to 24 hours to complete. Removing an addon domain will not affect the website of your primary domain name.
- You can add a different domain name to your hosting account.
- Or you can change the primary domain name of your hosting account.
- Once you remove your domain name, you may need to edit your domain's DNS settings.