Is My Business Eligible?
Get Found offers the simplest way available to get your local business listed on top sites across the Web. With our one-stop shop, you submit your business information — such as name, hours, address, phone number — and that information is automatically updated on top sites across the Web. Those sites include social media sites such as Facebook; local review and directory sites such as Yelp, Foursquare and TripAdvisor; plus Google, and other search engine sites.
Businesses Eligible for Get Found
Get Found does not list all types of businesses. To use Get Found, your business must have a valid USPS mailing address, a local phone number (not toll-free) and provide the majority of your goods and services face-to-face with your customers. Eligible face-to-face businesses fall into two categories:
- A brick-and-mortar business has a physical location or storefront where customers are welcome to visit during posted business hours. Examples include spas, restaurants, florists, retail stores, and beauty salons.
- If you provide sales at a brick-and-mortar location, regardless of whether you also have Online or Service Area sales, you are considered a brick-and-mortar business.
- You have a service-based business if you do not operate out of a physical location or storefront and instead travel to your customers or meet them in public. Examples include plumbers, photographers, contractors, boat charters and dog walkers.
- If the majority of your customer interaction is not done face-to-face (e.g.: primarily by phone or email), your business is not eligible for Get Found.
Businesses Not Eligible for Get Found
If you do not work face-to-face with customers or you serve a national or global market, your business is ineligible for Get Found. Examples of these types of businesses include online stores, blogs, online services, and nationwide consultants.
The value of Get Found lies in the extensive partner network we have, and unfortunately, many of our partners do not accept national, global or online-only businesses in their local listings products. As a result, these businesses are not a good fit for Get Found and will be considered ineligible.
The Review Process
Every business that signs up for Get Found enters a quality review process. To improve your customer reach, we encourage you to state on your website whether your business services a local area or whether you work with your customers face-to-face. If our review finds that your business is not eligible, you will receive credit in your GoDaddy account for your Get Found purchase. While your business may not be eligible for Get Found, you may be able to apply the credit toward another GoDaddy online marketing tool, such as Search Engine Visibility or Website Builder.
Other Business Guidelines and Restrictions
- Businesses still under construction or not yet open should not use Get Found.
- Rentals or properties for-sale, such as condos or vacation homes, are not eligible for Get Found. Instead you should list the address of the rental/leasing office for such properties. If the business or property operates at an on-site office, the customer should list the office location.
- Brands or manufacturers cannot create a Get Found account for stores they do not own, even if those stores stock their products.
- Ongoing classes or meetings, and temporary or seasonal businesses operating at a location not owned by the listed business are not eligible for Get Found.
- Blogs, news websites and other online entertainment or promotional websites are not eligible for Get Found.
- Pyramid schemes, mass solicitations, phishing schemes and other forms of deceptive marketing are not eligible for Get Found.
- Manufacturers that provide a majority of services online or over the phone; whose physical location is not a storefront and does not have regular walk-in hours for the public are not eligible for Get Found.
- Businesses that exhibit signs of fraudulent behavior or may be impersonating an established business are not eligible for Get Found.
- Businesses with explicit or illegal content are not suitable for Get Found.
- Each business is allowed a maximum of one Get Found account per location/business model. Duplicate listings will be removed from Get Found.
Note: All Get Found businesses receive verification calls during their posted business hours to maintain accurate business information. Businesses that cannot be reached and verified may be rejected.