I cannot connect to my server via SSH
If you are unable to connect to your cloud server via SSH, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can take before contacting support.
- Make sure your server is the RUNNING status. If it is not, start the server.
- If you changed the SSH port to a custom port instead of port 22, make sure you are using that custom port.
- Perform a reboot by stopping and starting your server.
- Try to reconnect to your server through SSH after the reboot.
- Create a new server, and connect to it with SSH. This will help you determine if the problem is with your local SSH connection.
- If your issue is related to an incorrect username or password, take a snapshot of the server, then create a new server. This will let you set up an exact copy of your old server with new credentials.
If you have exhausted all these troubleshooting steps, contact support.