Upload files with SFTP
You can upload files to your Managed WordPress account with SFTP. This is useful for managing large file uploads to your WordPress site, or if you want to make changes to your WordPress site manually - such as installing a custom theme or plugin.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- In your My Products page, next to Managed WordPress, select Manage All.
- For the website you want to use, select Settings from the menu.
- On the Settings tab and under Production Site, locate SFTP/SSH details then select View.
- Copy your Hostname, Username and Password. You'll need these to log in with your FTP client.
- Fill in the Host, Username, Password, and Port fields in your FTP client. If you’re using FileZilla, select Quickconnect:
- You'll receive an Unknown host key message. Verify the Host is your domain and then select OK.
- After your FTP client connects to your account, you can drag-and-drop to upload your files.