Back up my website in Linux Hosting
You should always keep a full backup of your website — there's no other way to prepare for the unexpected. Here's how to manually create that backup file for websites on your Linux Hosting account.
Note: We can also do this for you automatically with Website Backup.
- Go to your GoDaddy product page.
- Under Web Hosting, next to the Linux Hosting account you want to backup, click Manage.
- In the account Dashboard, click cPanel Admin.
- In the cPanel Home page, in the Files section, click Backup Wizard.
- In the cPanel Backup Wizard page, click Back Up.
- Click Full Backup.
- If you want an email notification when the backup is done, below Generate a Full Backup enter your Email Address. If you don't want a notification select Do not send email notification of backup completion.
- Click Generate Backup. cPanel creates the backup file in your Home Directory (and notifies you when it's done if you asked to be notified).
- Download the backup file to your local computer.
- You can use this backup to restore your website if there's a problem.
- For additional help, see the cPanel documentation for Backup Wizard.