Adding privacy to Backordered domains
If you placed a domain name backorder and do not want your personal information listed in the Whois database if we capture and register the domain name for you, you can add Private Registration to the backorder for an additional fee.
If your backorder with privacy is unsuccessful, you can apply the Private Registration to any other backorder.
For more information about privacy, see Private Registration FAQ
- Log in to your My Products page.
- If you aren't automatically directed there, make sure to select the My Products tab:
- Click Manage All:
- From the Buy/Sell menu, select Backorders and Monitoring.
- Select the domain names you want to modify.
- Click the Privacy icon. The Update Privacy Option for Backordered Domain window displays.
Note: If you do not have available Private backorder credits, click Buy Credit. In the Domain Backorders section, for Select Quantity, enter the number of credits you want to purchase. For Backorder type, select Private Registration, and then click Add to Cart. Complete the checkout process, and then go back to the Domain Manager to continue.
- For Backorder type, select Private.
- Select I have read and agree to ... , and then click Next. Your private backorder displays on the Backorders and Monitoring page of the Domain Manager.