Adding a favicon in WordPress
If your WordPress theme has an option for installing a favicon, it is a good idea to use the theme's functionality to install the favicon so that the favicon will be contained in the content folder of WordPress and will not require reinstalling if you move your content to another location.
- Log into the WordPress
- Under the Appearance tab, click Customize
- Click Site Identity
- Choose the image you wish to use for the favicon and click Select
- Crop the image to how you would like to it to appear
- Click on Crop Image
- Click Save & Publish at the top left
- Return to Add a favicon to your WordPress site.
- If your theme does not have an option for installing the favicon, you can manually install the favicon.
- For more information about our premium support for WordPress, please visit our WP Premium Support Catalog.