Add an NS record
If hosting DNS with GoDaddy, the NS records needed for your default DNS is configured automatically and cannot be modified. However, you can add custom NS records in order to point a specific subdomain host to a different set of nameservers, which can then allow you to manage DNS for the subdomain further on another DNS service.
- Log in to your GoDaddy Domain Control Center. (Need help logging in? Find your username or password.)
- Select your domain name from the list to access the Domain Settings page.
- Scroll down to Additional Settings and click Manage DNS.
- Select the Add button below the list of existing records. Under the Type dropdown, select Nameserver.
- Complete the required fields:
- Host: The host name of the subdomain you are pointing.
- Points to: The nameserver you want the subdomain to point to.
- TTL: How long the server should cache information.
Please allow up to 48 hours for all changes to take full effect.